- The IP was using a pneumatic deck scaler to remove old paint from the deck surface when he felt an irritation in his right eye.
- IP ceased work and reported the eye irritation to his supervisor.
- IP was wearing goggles and a respirator however did not notice that at some point in time the bottom of the goggle lens had become dislodged from the frame, creating a 4mm gap between the lens and frame.
- Damaged PPE – the bottom of the goggle lens had become dislodged from the goggle frame, creating a 4 millimetre gap.
- IP was not wearing a face shield, which would have reduced the risk of a foreign body in eye.
The bottom of the goggle lens (UVEX Carbonvision) had become dislodged from the frame, creating a 4 millimetre gap.